The FlameHawk® fiber optic flame detector is a dual channel solid-state device designed for direct replacement of Geiger-Mueller (GM) tube flame sensors used on industrial and marine gas turbine engines.
The FlameHawk flame detector improves performance and reduces maintenance costs. It has durable fiber optic cables that transmit the spectral energy from the combustion process to the electronics module. This allows for remote mounting of the electronics outside of the engine enclosure, which eliminates complicated and costly cooling systems common in other flame sensors.
The FlameHawk flame detector system works in low NOx combustors, multiple fuel applications and with systems incorporating steam injection.
The fiber optic cables and optical probes offer easy installation and maintainability. Simple threaded connections are used throughout the system to allow for rapid installation without the need for special tooling.
Unique features, such as a quick-release clamp on the frame engine optical probe, have been incorporated to ease cleaning and inspection.
• Mechanically and electronically interchangeable with other flame sensors
• Remote mounting of electronics
• Optical probe mounts directly to engine
• No cooling lines required
• Dual channel — easy installation and less wiring
• Multiple fiber optic cable lengths available
• Adjustable signal output level allows for monitoring of peak power
• Quick disconnect clamp allows for easy cleaning of adapter lens
• Low voltage operation
• Simultaneous use of 4-20 mA and relay outputs allow for diagnostic trending
• Multiple field configurable outputs: relay, 4-20 mA, 4-20 mA loop
• Signal strength meter provides visual indication of system health
• Reliable operation when using gas or liquid fuel
• Proven operation in steam injection applications
• Industrial boiler flame, auto-ignition and flashback detection