Product: HRSG Bypass Dampers
For HRSG bypass applications, Forney provides a better, faster, cheaper alternative to a typical flap and guillotine damper arrangement.
Forney utilizes two BiPlane Dampers for superior isolation and control. One damper on the inlet to the HRSG and the other damper isolating the stack.
Read more in our article:
HRSG Bypass Dampers – Eliminating the Flap
- Soft start flow distribution
- Control capability
- Sealing performance
- Reduced time to open
- Eliminate the need for the Guillotine Damper
- Smaller actuators
The two BiPlane Dampers allow for soft start and better control capabilities with an independent actuator on each damper. This allows the flue gas to enter the HRSG with a much more evenly distributed flow pattern and at lower controlled flow rates than with competing designs.
- Mechanical interlock
- Prevents both Dampers from closing at the same time
- Allows both to be open at the same time
- Dual set of seals – two layers of protection for personnel working in HRSG
- Seal air system – interlocked if pressure falls indicating a leak
Be sure and read our article: HRSG Bypass Dampers – Eliminating the Flap