Product: Eagle Air II
Forney in Conjunction with Storm Technologies brings you the Eagle Air II Burner!
Need the ability to fire both coal or natural gas so your plant can take advantage of the most cost effective fuel option? Eagle Air II is a Wall-Fired-Boiler Dual-Fuel Burner that gives you that flexibility.
Why consider EagleAir 2 burners:
- Ability and flexibility to fire both coal, gas to allow the plant to fire the most cost effective fuel
- Reduce the need to retire coal plants and/or permits for fuel flexibility
- Especially units less than 300 Mw’s (based on industry review)
- Gas prices volatile and likely to increase
- Ability to stage the gas and coal for improved combustion and emissions
- Turn down for low load operation during “off peak” hours and minimize cycling
- Conversion of existing unit to have the ability to fire gas or coal vs costly replaced generation with Combined Cycles and/or other to keep diverse portfolio of fuels
- Forney and Storm are committed to the best possible Service-Quality-Results for competitive steam power generation. By combining Forney’s 85 years of combustion equipment design and manufacturing with Storm’s testing and tuning we offer a powerful partnership for our common customers.
If you are considering retiring a coal unit and have gas capabilities, this could be a cost effective option for discussion. If you would like to review the possibilities of upgrading to a 100% gas or coal co-firing option; Forney and Storm Technologies, Inc. can help.
- 100-300 MMBtu Range
- Coal and Natural Gas Firing
- Capable of firing 100% capacity coal or natural gas; Dual Fuel BMS
- Multiple zones of airflow with control of proportions and spin to each to allow for tuning for combustion and/or NOx
- Critical for Staging, Tuning and Optimization
- Secondary Air Inlet allows for accurate control to each burner with provisions for airflow measurement
Features & Benefits
• 100% capacity from either coal or natural gas
• Multiple Zones of Secondary Air to allow for combustion and NOx tuning
• Measurement and controllability of secondary air to each burner (and each burner zone) to allow for balancing and tuning
• Scroll type inlet for Secondary air to introduce initial Spin
• Spin Vanes in each zone to control the amount of spin to tune for combustion and/or NOx
• Burner Venturi to assist with distribution and lessen the impacts of coal roping before the burner
• Spinner/Spreader with adjustable depth for tuning
• External ratcheting adjustment with indication for accurate setting of Spin Vanes
By combining Forney’s 85 years of combustion equipment design and manufacturing with Storm’s testing and tuning we offer a powerful partnership for our common customers.
Storm Technologies, Inc. is a full service and results-oriented organization with many decades of experience to provide boiler consulting services, performance testing services, general and comprehensive inspections, technical direction, pulverizer and burner performance replacement parts, airflow management systems, training seminars and in-house programs which can help your team work towards total boiler optimization.
Storm Technologies, Inc. specializes in large utility boiler performance optimization for coal fired power plants by utilizing engineered solutions. Our engineered solutions are practical and cost effective because of the constructive collaboration between our customers and the combined resources of our engineering, field services and fabrication departments. Storm’s mantra is SERVICE/QUALITY/RESULTS, let us help you.
Forney has maintained its position as a leader in power plant and large industrial systems for more than 85 years by designing, manufacturing, installing and servicing the most innovative lines of combustion equipment. Forney’s full line of combustion products includes igniters, flame detectors, Burner Management Systems (BMS), dampers, burners and duct burners.
With field offices and sales representatives around the world, Forney can serve customers with local product and application support.